Child and Youth Sexual Abuse Response Program
The goal of the Child and Youth Sexual Abuse Response Program is to provide crisis, short-term and long-term counselling to children under the age of 18 who have been sexually victimized, as well as counselling services to the non-offending members of their families.
Crisis support staff work closely with the Kawartha-Haliburton Children's Aid Society to assess and screen referrals.
There are two components to this program:
1. A crisis/support service to address immediate post disclosure needs.
2. Ongoing treatment, both short-term and long-term for sexual abuse victims, sexual assault victims, children demonstrating sexualized behaviour, and treatment for the non-offending members of their families.
Principles of the Program
We believe in:
- A system response that enhances the dignity and strengths of our clients.
- Providing a safe, supportive, educational and informed service.
- A commitment to quality service demonstrated through respect and understanding.
- Promoting comprehensive service planning through partnerships with our families and community resources.
- Completing assessments and individual service plans, in consultation with clients
- Linking community services and resources
- Providing support, education and counselling
- Providing court support, as required
- Teaching and enhancing coping skills
Download our Child and Youth Sexual Abuse Program brochure.
Download information for young people about privacy rights and consent.