- Individual and group appointments
- Supervised exercise
- Education series
Our team, comprised of a physiotherapist, rehab assistant, and cardiovascular nurse, will work with you and your doctor/nurse practitioner to ensure you get the best possible care for managing your heart disease. These services may be offered in your community.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Phone number: (705) 328-6091
What you need to know
Who can participate?
- Adults with Heart Disease (heart attack, angina, heart surgery, stents, heart failure)
- Adults at high risk for Heart Disease (diabetes), Peripheral Arterial Disease, Stroke or Pacemakers, Arrhythmias
How do I register?
Your family doctor/nurse practitioner or specialist must refer you to the program. The service is free of charge. Click here for the Health First Referral Form
How long is the program?
The exercise program runs 12 weeks (two times per week for 90 minutes). Home exercise programs are available.
What education classes are offered?
All clients have access to the Health First Learning Opportunities. Click here to return to Health First home page for Learning Opportunities.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Red Hospital Card
- Reading glasses, hearing aid if needed
- ALL medications in their original bottles, prescribed and over-the-counter, including herbals and vitamins
- Friend or family to accompany you
Where is it located?
The cardiovascular rehabilitation program is located at Ross Memorial Hospital on the third floor entering off Kent Street. Take the BLUE elevators to the third floor, turn right off the elevator and then turn left into the Health First unit.
Each May, patients, their families and members of the RMH team participate in the Walk of Life to help support the purchase of new equipment for the Cardiac Rehabilitation program. Watch our video about the Walk of Life at RMH.
Where can I get more information on heart disease and cardiac rehabilitation?
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada: http://www.heartandstroke.ca
- Canadian Association of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation: http://www.cacpr.ca/
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Network of Ontario: http://www.crno.ca/
- Kavanagh, Terence MD. Take Heart, Toronto : Key Porter Books 2004
Phone: (705) 328-6091
Fax: (705) 328-6202