Spiritual & Religious Care - Services
There are a number of services offered by the Spiritual and Religious Care Department to patients, their families and for staff. These include:
- Bereavement, grief and relationship counseling
- Contacting appropriate members from your faith community to administer sacraments and/or provide other needs of spiritual and religious care.
- Compassionate listening.
- Coordinated weekly worship services provided by Lindsay ministerial and the faith communities of the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- Spiritual and Religious Care on call service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Hospital Ethics Committee to responding to moral and ethical issues.
- Being present with patients, their families and staff persons in times of trauma, death, palliative situations, crisis intervention, stress, failure to cope, depression, grief and loss, etc. Assistance with funeral arrangements and upon request with funerals where there is no faith community connection.
- General support to all persons as they seek to find meaning in times of crisis and severe change.
- Spiritual and Religious Care Education Classes open to all the faith communities of the City of Kawartha Lakes, to assist them in improving their Spiritual and Religious Visitation within and outside the hospital.
- Current Spiritual and Religious Care needs and issues involving the Multi-faith Counsel and the needs of persons from faith groups not indigenous to our City of Kawartha Lakes community.
- Providing religious literature and sacred writings of different faith groups and where possible in different languages.
- Support and education classes for the caregivers, (spouses and friends) of persons with heart and stoke and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Assistance for staff in times of trauma, stress and crisis.
- Maintaining a Spiritual presence throughout the hospital.